Sunday, September 11, 2005

55 reasons to be cheerful

I have to disagree and say that world domination is all about foresight, however misguided and inaccurate that foresight may be. I do agree though that a game of chess alone isn't sufficient to be able to assess who would be the world dominator - the game would be only the beginning, and unless the world is already dominated and waiting in limbo, the victor would have to have the inner fortitude and megalomaniacal nouse to go and ensnare the planet. Perhaps a series of games of Go would be a better indicator of this, although no game can ever simulate such a thing.

Now, the following thought has kept me awake for many a slumbery twinight: What are the most waghand moments in the movies?

My nominations, off the top of my head:

1. Dynamo singing and driving his electric car in The Running Man.
2. The musical between-scene titles in The Sting.
3. Charles Hawtrey in a straw hat with a bottle of wine shouting "Wait for me! Waaaait for me!" whilst running for the tour bus in Carry on Abroad.
4. The Ironside sample in Kill Bill.
5. The musical scene in The Wicker Man when the villagers don masks and pop up from behind scenery to look at Edward Woodward as he struggles to get his boat working.

What say you, Jim O' the Lantern?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home