Monday, November 28, 2005

Seventy ninE

Grief! Like an Eye bus you are! On time and punctual you are not! Troubled my brow! Accept a host of excuses I won't!

Well November has pretty much been and gone... things at school are ok, although the long-awaited class bowling tournament is to be scrapped in favour of watching a movie and going shopping (curse those fucking girls with their short skirts and tennis legs).

In other news, I read a book to stand almost alongside but actually a few paces behind Shogun and Tai pan, namely The Wind Up Bird Chronicles by Murakami. Superb stuff. Goldeneye was on Japanese tv a few nights ago, but travesties were abound, as they cut so much out of it that it barely resembled the original film. I'd estimate that a good 15 minutes was jettisoned, mostly due to the ludicrous way that instead of pausing the film, showing the adverts and resuming, the tv company decided to not pause the film, show the adverts and then jump back into the movie after a 2 minute gap. TWATS!

In other other news, my fiance and thine truly have signed the papers and are now on the brink of moving into our new apartment. Well, actually I will be moving in on the 23rd December, and Yoko will follow me after January 1st (it's a long, traditionalist story, full of hissing relatives, silver guns and plates of sour vegetables).

I do hope that I haven't moved in by the time you reply to this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home