Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Five and Eighty

Cocker-ney English... now there would be a thing to try. I can almost hear the kids now.. "oh ko! it's the bleeding filth desu!" Superb!

Now now what's all this about my tie? I can't remember which picture or video you saw, but I can assure you that Mr Wood-esque it wasn't. It was undoubtedly a stylish reimagining of the Milanese Prerequisite...

I watched The Two Towers again last night.. by far the best of the three say I. A monster of a film, particularly in the scenes involving Saruman and the massive army he builds, and when the King of Rohan says "The horn of Helm Hammerhand will sound again in the Deep" (clenchfist!). Just as The Godfather II and The Empire Strikes Back are considered superior to what came before and after, so it is with The Two Towers.

I have to go and teach in a few minutes... before I go, I've been trying to remember to refer you to a book I'm reading at the moment - Focault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. Great stuff so far, better than The Davinci Code (I think). Ok, tschuB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home