Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ninety Seven

Poncing around, climbing Cobbler, whatever the hell that may be, and shooting arrers at things... sounds like a Diamond kind of holiday and no mistake..

I'm currently rereading Shogun again. I think this is the 9th time, though it could well be the 10th. Whenever I read that passage in which Rodrigues talks about the Kingdom of Naples I imagine you mincing around in Elizabethan garb, feather in your cap, someone with a lute somewhere nearby. A number of people here are a bit incredulous that I should be reading a book more than twice, let alone 9 times. Clearly not readers...

In the fashion started in the Summer with the words of Anjin Choi, I hearby introduce another of my students, Mai, who is heading to the mainland for an important University interview this weekend. As well as being as well-mannered and polite as can be, she is also a fine English student and has been a pleasure to teach. With no further ado, over to Mai:


Hello. I am pleased to meet you. In fact, today I am nervous. On Saturday I will attend an interview for my university future. I am worried that I should fail! And other things. But I will do my best. Goodbye.





Whu-cheers Mai! Take the fight to those beastly Bembridge Scholars! And don't forget to pause for elevenses!

As for you, Diamond, your pressie will be dispatched with Tangerine Flick on the next tide (Green Tea Flick was unfortunately lost in the Pacific and went down with all hands and cargo).

Well, ho hum.. I am soon to be entering the last month of employment with the high school, and I feel grand. With joss, there'll be just enough time between the end of this job and the start of the next to fit in me 'oneymoon (as 'arold Shaaand would say). With a birthday on the horizon, I have been pestering Yo-chan for a Nintendo DS with the fantastic game DS Training for Adults. Will she yield? Her leg! There's still time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home